Board of Directors
Polaris has grown and established a strong leadership team and a record of academic success, and the PCA Board of Directors has evolved into a governing board, focusing on strategic vision, development, and sustainability.
The primary role of the Board of Directors is as follows:
- Ensure that the academic program of Polaris Charter Academy (Polaris) is successful, that the school’s program and operation are faithful to the terms of its charter, and that the school is a viable organization
- Determine the mission and purpose of Polaris and keep it clearly in focus
- Select school leadership, including Head of School, Director of Academics, and Director of Finance/Operations
- Support and review the performance of school leadership
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Ensure adequate resources
- Manage resources effectively
- Determine, monitor and strengthen the program and services
- Enhance Polaris’ public standing
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance
Click here to see a full list of the current Board of Directors. All meetings are open to the public. Meeting dates, locations, and minutes are available online.