The Polaris Charter Academy Associate Board
Current Associate Board Members
- Shane Emaus (President)
- Ian Roche (Vice President)
- Kim Curschman (Secretary)
- Denice Davies (Community Engagement Chair)
- Bob Manfreda (Fundraising Chair)
- Klaudia Liszka (Fundraising Jr. Chair)
- Julie Carlisle
- Zack Issleib
- Jacqueline Nyenke
- Brittany Pedersen
- Matt McKay
Would YOU like to Make A Difference as an Associate Board Member?
What is the PCA Associate Board?
The purpose of the Associate Board (AB) at Polaris is to support the school mission through engaging young professionals in social, volunteer, and fundraising activities. The Board will have leadership opportunities including a President and Secretary plus Chair and Jr. Chair positions for each committee.
We are looking for those who are interested in strengthening their connection with the school, building their networks, and increasing their fundraising skills and volunteerism to take join the Polaris Associate Board.
Membership Candidates will have:
- Interest in education and a desire to further Polaris’ mission
- Demonstrated proactive leadership skills and strong communications skills
- A willingness to actively participate in AB activities, event development, volunteerism and/or fundraising
- A positive attitude and the mentality of a team player
- Time to commit to Polaris and AB activities (Approx. 2-3 hours per month)
What to Expect as a Member
As a member of the AB, you will be supported by our Development Manager and, during our founding year, one of our Board Fellows. Founding members will have the opportunity to help design the program, create events and activities and elect the founding officers.
All members should expect to:
- Understand Polaris’ mission and vision and effectively promote the purpose, activities and events of PCA and the AB to their social networks
- Make a personally significant monetary contribution to the school
- Participate in at least one AB Committee of their choosing: Fundraising and Community Engagement
- Attend at least two events during the year: 1 Polaris event and 1 AB-specific event
- Commit to a one-year term on the Associate Board
- Attend meetings regularly and maintain communications for projects they are accountable for between meetings
The Fundraising Committee
The Fundraising Committee will focus on activities to identify prospective donors, cultivate relationships and solicit gifts for Polaris. This will be done through the creation of an Associate Board fundraiser once each year and bringing guests to visit the school.
The Community Engagement Committee
The Community Engagement Committee will participate in Polaris’ mission through direct volunteering at the school. Activities will be based on the organization’s needs at the time but may include after-school tutoring, reading with the students, assisting teachers in preparing project materials, and volunteering for activities. This committee will also plan and manage two Associate Board awareness events each year to promote engagement at Polaris.
How to Apply
Please fill out and send in your application and current résumé to Shane Emaus, firstname.lastname@example.org.